Jump to recipe
Delicious and healthy Italian Soup with Sausage
This delicious Italian soup with sausage recipe is a variation on the traditional minestrone. I’ve added meat/veggie meat (your choice) and taken out the cabbage. (I actually did try it with cabbage once and it was a disaster!) I am really happy with this recipe. It’s a rich and flavorful soup. Lots of different colors which means lots of different nutrients.
Italian Soup with Sausage – a minestrone variation
- 4 cups water
- 2 vegetarian bullion cubes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 cup uncooked Campanelle pasta (any small sized pasta)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sausages (vegetarian or meat), cut into small pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Boil the water. Add the bullion and stir well until completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat a large soup pot on med/high heat then add olive oil & sausage. Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add the potato, onion & carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes and italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, pasta, corn and salt and simmer 10 to 15 more minutes until pasta is done.