I had forgotten how much I love making curries.
I used to make curries all the time. They’re just so tasty, a combination of sweet and hot. And since a stir fry curry is always made from scratch, it’s a great healthy recipe. So I busted out the wok and went to town.
I tried to think of what vegetables I like in the curries I get when I’m out at an Indian restaurant and the one that popped out was potatoes. Being the fancy guy I am, I had to do something a little unique to make this recipe my own. So I baked the potatoes before putting them into the curry sauce. Great move. It gave a smokier flavor that blended really nicely with the tofu and vegetables.
Red Curry Tofu & Vegetables
- 2 lbs tofu, cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 med potatoes, whole
- 1/2 med yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the potatoes until fork soft.
- Quarter the potatoes then cut into thick slices.
- Preheat wok over medium/high heat.
- Put coconut milk, curry paste, garlic and Bragg's into the wok. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place tofu, tomatoes, sliced potatoes, yellow bell pepper and onion into the coconut milk mixture.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over a bed of rice.